Our approach to AI adoption in industrial contexts
The Starter Kits we have developed generalize and distil the AI needs of specific industrial use cases, which provide a source of inspiration.
- Concretely the Starter Kits are self-contained collections of autodidactic material, providing a description of a specific data innovation topic in terms of its business goal, data-related requirements & challenges, relevant data science tasks, etc. These also contain a documented proof-of-concept solution, using public datasets, illustrating which machine learning methods to use and how they should be combined.
- The Starter Kits also include relevant links to technology/literature, guidelines and best practices, regulations…
As depicted in the figure below, the Starter Kits tackle a wide variety of industrial problem settings, illustrated on specific use cases from different domains. They can be made available to you as a reference solution for data-related innovation problems arising in your specific context.
To guide you in the process of selecting the most appropriate Starter Kit(s) for your company-specific problem setting, each Starter Kit is accompanied by a Starter Kit Passport. Each passport contains:
- a well-defined description of the business context and goal that is dealt with in the Starter Kit,
- the application contexts in which the presented data-driven approach can be useful,
- the specific data requirements that need to be satisfied in order to realize such kind of data-driven solution, as well as
- a clear description of the use case we used to illustrate the process.
These passports in itself thus already provide you with a lot of valuable knowledge on the types of problems you can solve with a data-driven solution, instantiated with examples from a variety of industrial domains.
Additionally, we have set up the SKAIDive project, which aims at realizing an interactive learning and experimenting environment along with a training trajectory around these Starter Kits. This will allow companies to acquire hands-on knowledge and skills to apply AI, Machine Learning and Data Science techniques for concrete industrial challenges.
Our experts can also support you in this endeavour via our complementary proof-of-concept realization service, during which we guide you towards a quick proof-of-concept realization of your data-related innovation challenge. For more details, please check out our service description page.